John W. Lloyd has served as President and CEO of MANTEC, the Industrial Resource Center (IRC) of South Central Pennsylvania, since 2001. Mr. Lloyd also serves as an officer and is past President and Executive Director of the statewide Industrial Resource Center Network.
Under Mr. Lloyd’s leadership MANTEC was recognized as the #1 Best NonProfit Organization to Work For in the United States for 2010 by the national publication NonProfit Times. Under Mr. Lloyd’s leadership, MANTEC has developed many innovative and progressive programs designed to drive growth and profitability for Pennsylvania manufacturers. Mr. Lloyd has assembled an outstanding staff of professional experts in meeting the needs of manufacturing firms. MANTEC’s success is measured by the hundreds of clients who have reported positive impacts from its consultancy. In 2010 MANTEC was formally recognized for its development of its program in Business Transformation. In 2014 MANTEC achieved the distinction of being the #1 rated center in the nation by NIST/MEP, the Manufacturing Extension Partnership. In the 2016 South Central PA Non-Profit Innovation Awards, Mr. Lloyd was a finalist for “Excellence in Leadership.”
In 2012 Mr. Lloyd has worked with the Governor’s Manufacturing Advisory Council and the Team Pennsylvania Foundation to drive growth in the Pennsylvania manufacturing sector. Mr. Lloyd speaks frequently on innovation and the importance of manufacturing to the Pennsylvania economy.
Among the many boards on which Mr. Lloyd has served are:
- MANTEC (Board, Executive Committee & Officer) 2001 – present
- World Trade Center of Central Pennsylvania (Board, Executive Committee & Officer) 2001 – present
- Foundation for Manufacturing Excellence (Board Chair 2016)
- York County Chamber of Commerce 2006 – 2011 (2011-12 Board Chair, Executive Committee & Officer)
- Pennsylvania Economy League 2003 – present (Board and Audit Committee)
- Pennsylvania IRC Network, Inc. 2001 – present
- Pennsylvania IRC Foundation 2015 – present
- South Central Team Pennsylvania 2001 – present
- York County Economic Development Corporation 2001 – 2011
- Flinchbaugh Company, Inc. 2007 – present
- PEDYC (Partnership for Economic Development in York County) 2010 – present (Executive Committee 2016)
- Harrisburg University Board of Advisors 2015 – present
Prior to joining MANTEC and the IRCs, Mr. Lloyd owned and operated ENCON Corporation, a family owned manufacturer of electric heating elements. During his tenure at ENCON, he helped grow the company from a start-up to a 250 person firm. Throughout his career Mr. Lloyd has been an advocate for the importance of manufacturing. Mr. Lloyd is a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology where he majored in business administration and was a four year letterman and a team captain of the varsity hockey team. Mr. Lloyd and his wife Elizabeth reside in York and own a family horse farm in Northeast Pennsylvania. Three grown children reside in Idaho, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.