Litts Quality Technologies, Inc. will be conducting this 1-day class virtually via a Zoom live, interactive meeting.
This is a 1-day class.
8:00am – 5:00pm • Thursday, May 13th
When registering, please provide a mailing address for course materials to be sent to. Prior to the course you will be emailed the necessary Zoom meeting link. This will require a computer or mobile phone in order to access.
Who Should Attend
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Department employees
- Recently graduated Engineers
- Machine or Coordinate Measuring Machine Programmers
- Current Internal Auditors
- Potential Internal Auditors
- Purchasing employees
- Sales/Marketing employees
- Any team member of an organization that wants to gain an understanding of this topic.
The major objective of this course is to improve the attendee’s ability to read and understand the content of drawings/blueprints that they use to produce customer product.
Attendees will be able to describe the layout of a drawing, interpret the various types of lines shown, determine when and how to apply the general tolerances specified in the title box and use the drawing to determine component dimensional requirements. In addition, they will be able to look at the body of the drawing and determine which views of the part are shown and how to assemble individual components. This will improve the attendee’s ability to correctly machine, assemble, program and/or inspect product.
Class exercises are used to help with the understanding of the requirements that designers put on Mechanical Drawings/Blueprints.
- Course Objectives and Requirements
- Definitions and benefits of Mechanical Drawings/Blueprints
- Basic Terminology
- Title box
- Revision controls
- Bill of Material (BOM)
- Fundamental Rules
- Units of measure
- General tolerancing and related principles
- Tolerances and Tolerance expression
- Views & Sections
- Basic Dimensions
- Types of Dimension Lines
- Chain, baseline and direct dimensioning
- Limit dimensioning and plus/minus tolerancing
- Inch/metric systems
- Fractions & decimals
- GD&T Symbols
- Surface Texture Symbols
- Welding Symbols
- 3D modeling
- Final Test
- Course Evaluation
Litts Quality Technologies, Inc. will provide:
- Student Workbooks (sent to you following registration)
There is a pre-assessment given via email following your registration. It will establish a baseline of knowledge for each attendee.
Attendees must complete this assessment at least 2 days prior to the course.
- A final test is administered electronically after the training session (by end of day) to evaluate the acquired knowledge and determine the effectiveness of the course program as required by management system standards.
- The final test is administered online, and attendees will have one (1) hour to complete it. (Note: Anyone with special needs will be allowed an extra fifteen (15) minutes:
- A computer is required to take the test.
- To receive a “Successfully Completed Certificate” with the Exemplar Global Logo, an attendee must obtain a score of ≥ 70% on the final test
- If ≥ 70% is not achieved on the final test, then an attendee will receive an “Attended Certificate” without the Exemplar Global Logo
- If you receive an “Attended Certificate” you can take a retest within 6 months of the last day of the class and if you score ≥ 70% a “Successfully Completed Certificate” will be issued.
COST OF THE PROGRAM
$650.00 per attendee.
A 5% discount is offered for 3 or more attendees from the same organization registered at the same time. Email email@example.com to obtain promo code.
You must sign up by May 7th in order to have time to receive the course materials.
Credit Card Payment or Check (received prior to the first day of the training class) are accepted.
All cancellations must be received by May 7, 2021. After that date, any payments cannot be refunded. However, alternate attendee(s) may take the course in place of the person(s) who originally enrolled.
Litts Quality Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the training program should sufficient enrollment not be achieved by the cut-off date and shall not be responsible for any attendee costs associated with cancelled transportation or accommodation reservations.